Wednesday, January 23

Snow Ice Cream

It's been snowin "to beat the band" here lately, so I was inspired to post this snow-torious recipe from good Lutheran Lady Ruth Wright today.

Seriously though, Snow Ice Cream is perhaps the weirdest idea I've seen in awhile. I'm not sure I want to try it myself since the local snow would be made up of the local waterways (e.g., the Iowa River) - which are nasty, to say the least. I wonder if the snow would smell like the river? Like a rank mix of bleach, laundry detergent, dead fish, and bum urine? Well, if you are brave enough to give it a shot, share your results with the blog!

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. evaporated milk or cream
A Snowy Day (duh)

How to:
In large bowl, beat egg, sugar, vanilla and milk. After a new snowfall bring in a large pan of fresh, clean snow (in other words, not yellow or brown). Before it has a chance to melt, add to egg mixture by the cupful, stirring until ice cream is thick...........eat quickly. (The overabundant elipses are in the original recipe. Doesn't the combination of raw egg and snow sound kinda gross and/or salmonella-inducing?)

No comments: