Thursday, January 31

Watergate Salad

I found a pretty sweet Richard Nixon commemorative plate at Goodwill the other day. So, to celebrate, I'm postin a recipe today that I swear has cropped up at every single potluck I've ever been to in my entire life: Watergate Salad! Thanks to Delores Schoepske for providin us with this perennial classic!

Ingredients:
1-3 oz. pkg. pistachio instant puddin
1-8 oz. container of Cool Whip (it wouldn't be a salad without Jello or Cool Whip somehow involved!)
1-16 oz. can crushed pineapple (not drained)
1/2 c. to 1 c. miniature marshmallows
1/2 c. nuts (optional)

Pan size: 9x9-in (a bowl will work too - that's how I've seen it done before)

How to:
Mix puddin and Cool Whip together. Add pineapple and marshmallows. Put in 9x9 pan. Refrigerate. (This salad, if you've never seen it before, is a lovely and unnatural shade of mint green. Tres 70's!)

No comments: