Tuesday, February 5

Delicious Corn

Corn. It's a staple of the American diet, especially when it comes to Midwest Cookin (even though I've heard our bodies aren't made to digest it). Have you ever had bad corn? Foul-tastin corn? No, I haven't either. That's why this recipe's title caught my eye when I was flippin through a Lutheran church cookbook this mornin. Corn is delicious by nature, so what the hell kind of crazy ingredient could possibly be added to make it more delicious - so delicious that the corn's deliciousness is assured by the title of the recipe itself?

Oh. Sugar. Of course.

Ingredients:
2 c. water
8 c. corn (doesn't say it has to be fresh...I am envisionin somebody makin this with canned corn)
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. salt

How to:
Combine ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes. (Congratulations...I think you've just made the beginnin of a batch of home-brewed High Fructose Corn Syrup! Yay diabeetus!) Cool and put in freezer. Ready to eat by just heatin. (...I'm strugglin with that last sentence there.)

No comments: