Wednesday, February 20

Do Nothin Cake

I have been swamped this week and unfortunately neglected to post cake recipes for 2 days, so today I will make up for it with three!

Thanks to Evelyn Elsie Buol for this recipe, cake #4 in the "Happy Birthday Mrs. Tairy Greene" series! The title of this one is like what I am hopin to accomplish this comin weekend: DO NOTHIN! (Though I admit, I don't get it. I mean, why is it "Do Nothin"? Surely the act of collectin and mixin and bakin the ingredients counts for doin somethin!)

Ingredients:
2 c. sugar
2 large eggs
2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple (use juice)
1/2 tsp. salt

Toppin:
1 stick oleo (I love that word - OLEO)
2/3 c. evaporated milk
1 c. sugar
1 c. nuts
1 c. coconut

Oven temp: 350 degrees

Pan size: 9x13 bakin pan

How to:
Mix all together and pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Cook oleo, milk and sugar for 5 minutes. Add nuts and coconut. (And? Then what? God, this IS a lazy recipe!)

No comments: