Wednesday, May 14

Tang Punch

Well, it looks like it's finally goin to get warm around here. Mother Earth is takin her sweet time, but I'm sure one of these days here we'll have summer weather. And I, for one, can't wait!

Yes, I have summer fever. I'm all ready to go to the pool, grill out, and sip cold and tasty beverages on my little patio. So here for your sippin pleasure is a punch recipe from Karen Freudenberg of the Immanuel Lutheran Dorcas Society.

Ingredients:
2/3 c. powdered Tang (personally, I'm not a fan, but then again, I don't think I've tried it since my tastebuds matured at age 22. Maybe a second try would change my mind?)
1/2 c. sugar
2 c. cranberry juice (Ocean Spray brand) (yes, god forbid you buy the Hy-Vee brand)
3 c. water
1/4 tsp. almond extract (WTF?)
1 qt. ginger ale

Pan size: Get thee a punch bowl. I found a lovely glass one at Goodwill last winter for less than 5 bucks.

How to:
Mix Tang, sugar, water, and cranberry juice together. Freeze in a round ring or ice cube trays. When ready to serve, add almond extract and ginger ale to punch bowl. (Huh? How the hell is that punch? Ginger ale with a frozen chunk of Tang floatin in it does not a punch make. I really feel like somethin is missin from these instructions...Anyway, if you do decide to make it, I bet it would be really good with some vodka added to it. Just sayin...)

No comments: