Wednesday, January 16

SPAM, Baked Beans And Pineapple Casserole

Today is a SPAM double special, courtesy of Mrs. Tairy Greene of Des Moines. Mrs. Greene is a big fan of the blog, and an even bigger fan of processed meats. Her cats, however, apparently don't take too kindly to chunks of SPAM bein tossed in their direction.

Mrs. Green writes, "Mittens smelled the SPAM and quickly ran away. Fruity tried to bury it like a turd in the litter box. Darkie hungrily ate every cube!" (It should be noted that Darkie is mentally-challenged.)

Included with her recipe suggestion were photos of the finished product. MMMMM!

Ingredients:
1 12-ounce can SPAM luncheon meat
1 28-ounce can baked beans (with molasses)
1 20-ounce can pineapple rings
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Oven temp: 350 degrees

Pan size: Standard casserole

How to:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Open all cans. Cut SPAM into ¼-inch slices. Dump beans into the bottom of a medium or large oven-proof casserole dish. Artistically place SPAM slices atop beans (like stairs). Cover with pineapple rings and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes until SPAM is browned and bean juice is bubblin. (Bubblin bean juice? Oh man I just puked and swallowed it.) Serves 4 to 6.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Honey, I'm home!" Is what I would yell out when I walk through my front door if my Ms cooked me this. There's 4 of my favorite words right there - Spam, Baked Beans, Pineapple & Casserole. Can't go wrong. ♥♥♥

Sue said...

Thank you for this recipe! My mom made something like this back in the 60s and I loved it.. Can't wait to try this recipe!